When you are on the way out to your single-dom again, brace yourself for some un-explained passing-the-message-through-the-kids kinda stuff. Be it from your soon-to-be-ex-MIL, SIL, BIL, whatever. It happens, eventhough you know that you are the victim here. They will find ways to avoid you like a plague.
Be prepared to accept the fact that you are no longer in that circle, zilch, nadda. Sudah tiada perhubungan.
You need to realise the following, however:
- that you are a civilised, smart person and do not need to accept these crabs. BUT, be civilise about it. You know you will have your inner strength to pull you out.
- that blood will always be thicker than water.
- that you are what you are and dont let anyone else tell you otherwise
- keep your self esteem high. You are worth it.
- you have unresolved issues with soon to be ex, not his entire village. (it can be pretty tempting to tell his village to mind their own businesses but then, remember Point 1)
Move on and get on with your life.
All the best.