Who says that roast beef is for Sunday lunch? Or roast lamb? Or lamb chops? Nothing is easier than chucking a chunk of lovingly marinated meat into the oven, and wait for your dinner. In the meantime, make sure you make good use of your time by putting dirty clothes in the washing machine, feed your kitty cats, put away clean glasses, hit the shower, watch CSI and chit chat with your Other Half.
An hour and a half later (that’s for medium well), you know that your dinner is alllllmooooost ready. All you need is some side salad. And, you are done!
My mid-week roast beef recipe is simple:
- A sachet of Lipton mixed-onion soup (if you cant get this, a simple rub of salt, pepper, olive oil, Italian herbs will do)
- Throw in all your favourite vegetables in the same tray. I like onions, whole garlic, carrots, squash.
- Cover with tin foil and put in the oven. Make sure you crank up the heat to 240C.
- Save the pan juice to create that lovely, lovely gravy
My simple lettuce salad with honey mustard dressing:
- Cos lettuce (or Romaine lettuce as some people call it)
- Pink plum tomatos
- As dressing, I used a few spoons of honey (I use the tualang honey which we bought from the Orang Asli in our Cameron Highlands trip), a couple of spoons of whole mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
Roast beef ala Hanie
Simple lettuce salad with honey mustard dressing